Vai al contenuto

ZDump is dead, long live ZTool

Messaggi raccomandati

Sorry for my bad English expression.

I didn't set to 0%,  I set to 100%, same fpf, but different version zcode result differently.

fpf only 3 statement:

fan.JPG.88d6875de9a017d58a9152bb6071ba65.JPG

V1.5.0.2&previous version zcode after load:

1.5.0.2.JPG.e344c8c4b5a0633b85ffaa36119e3309.JPG

V.1.7.2.1 & V1.8 zcode after load, only last 3 layers, and drop to 0%.

1.7.2.1.thumb.JPG.0e9566fcbeebd4bbe7849f2febf17ff2.JPG

V1.9&V1.10 zcode after load, perfect.

1_10.JPG.e0454a8f2024c6e205dfa93a1bfbe736.JPG

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

I'm a bit clueless about your first example. For the 2nd one I assume Z-Suite created a 0% command at this position which ZTool didn't remove.
When I think about it, it probably was a bad idea to keep the 0% entries. So I uploaded a new version 1.03c which removes all existing fan commands and adds a 0% entry automatically at the end. This will most probably help with the 2nd example. Actually I can't see how it would help with the first example. If it won't, could you upload the zcode file somewhere?

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Ah, OK, stupid me, I forgot the layer command was only introduced in Z-Suite 1.6. Falsely remembered it was in 1.5.x.
So in a nutshell, the current (simple) algorithm copies all the commands for the original ZCode in a new one but removes all fan commands.
While doing that, it checks for layer commands to see if the current layer fits the next one from the loaded fan profile. In that case, it creates a new fan command (with the value from the profile) after the layer command.

Now as ZCode creates with Z-Suite < 1.6.x doesn't contain layer commands, this results in removing all fan speed commands but no new commands being added.

Now you might ask how saving the profiles works if there are no layer commands. Answer is that ZTool (and g2z) detects layers automatically if older ZCode or G-Code is loaded.
When I think about it, this should make it possible to also handle loading fan speed profiles for older ZCode. Need to take a look at it. It's a while that I implemented that part.

[EDIT]
I implemented a workaround for ZCode created by older Z-Suite versions which didn't create layer commands.
-> 1.0.4
All your examples work now. Note though that the one created with 1.8.x suffers a bit from storing only one fan speed per layer.
However, allowing multiple fan speeds per layer would lead to lots of problems in handling. Like how to define this in a simple text file etc.

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

I need to add that there could still be issues with ZCode from Z-Suite 1.6.x at least when trying to set the fan speed in raft layers.
Problem is that Z-Suite 1.6 sits somewhere in the middle between the older ZCode style without any layer information and the newer ones with layer commands for each layer (including raft layers) since Z-Suite 1.6 creates layer commands only for model layers (not for raft layers).

Now ZTool still tries to autodetect these layers to be able to display them in the preview. As a side effect, a (theoretical?) fan command within a raft layer would be stored when exporting the fan speed profile. But as there are no layer commands for the raft and ZCode from v1.6 is handled by the algorithm for the newer ZCode format, changing the fan speed within the raft will fail. I'm not sure if I'm motivated to rework the fan speed loading again to add another workaround. Most probably nobody will ever notice this glitch anyway.

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Actually my computer have some problem, can't run 1.6.x, so I didn't test 1.6.x.

Z-Suite is very weak and too many limitation, I do more S3D and Ztool test recently, it's very powerful, especially editing g-code can make everything, I really enjoy it, so I think good convert function is more useful and important. :grin:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Without checking in detail, I would assume this is due to a certain difference of where S3D defines the start of the layer and where my parsers does.
Since I don't want to rely on layer comments (and can't in certain conditions), my import algorithm detects Z movements and adds a ZCode layer command before the Z move that moved up to the new layer. So if S3D adds a fan command just before that Z move, my algorithm will instead define it as last command of the previous layer.
Which is I think exactly what happens here.

Secondly, the fan speed and Z positions displayed in certain views have a slightly different meaning.
So if the Z move didn't happen yet when the fan command is requested, the Z position is correct since it still applies to the last layer - even if this is the very last command (from my algorithm's point of view).

The fan graph displays the maximum Z position reached for each fan command.
In the preview window the upper Z/Fan are for the actual command. Since the command slider is at 100% by default, this is the Z position and fan speed after the last command for this layer.
The line shows the maximum fan speed as "Fan:" and the maximum Z position as "Z:" for the given layer.
So if the fan speed command is interpreted as last command of the previous layer instead of the first command of the current layer, this would explain the above display:
In layer 4, the 50% command is the last command and also the maximum value, so both values are ~50%
In layer 5, the fan speed at the end of the layer is 0% (so it's 0% at the beginning of layer 6), but the maximum is still 50% since this is the entry value.

BTW: admittedly, displaying "/15" if there are really 16 layers seems a bit confusing. It's means as the maximum value though, not as the number of layers.
Also note that Z-Suite > 1.6 creates negative layers for the raft. So the number of layers is e.g. 8 increments higher than the maximum layer.
In this case displaying "182/200" for the uppermost layer seems much worse than displaying "200/200" for the maximum even if there are really 208 or so layers in sum.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 4 settimane dopo...

Partecipa alla conversazione

Puoi pubblicare ora e registrarti più tardi. Se hai un account, accedi ora per pubblicarlo con il tuo account.

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Sono consentiti solo 75 emoticon max.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato.   Pulisci editor

×   Non puoi incollare le immagini direttamente. Carica o inserisci immagini dall'URL.

• Crea Nuovo...