Vai al contenuto

ZDump is dead, long live ZTool

Messaggi raccomandati

22 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

@Nagisa:
Fan speed editing is about the last major thing left on my list. I just haven't had a good idea how to let the user define the fan speed.
The more or less best idea I had up to now was to let the user load a CSV file (like <layer>,percentage or <z-height>,percentage) that is used to override any fan speed setting in Z-Code. But of course there might be situations where you might want to change the fan speed inside a layer instead of at layer entrance/exit.
Any suggestion is welcome.

Sometimes Z-Suite set fan inappropriately, so I think <layer>,percentage or <z-height>,percentage fan setting is enough and great for now.

I download Zortrax m200_3_0.fff and find Z Axis Movement Speed is 8000 mm/min, is it M200 feature or I need to change it?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

About fan speed: I'm still trying to understand your use case, i.e. if you really want to override the given values completely. Like there's already the possibility to limit values and also scaling the values (down?) would be simple.

About the Z movement speed: what I can say is that ZCode created by Z-Suite uses values of up to 8000mm/min for X/Y and Z movements in the fast setting ("normal" quality). In the slower setting("high" quality), the movement speed it's 5400mm/min. Beyond that I think that the firmware limits the speed anyway internally.

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

55 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

About fan speed: I'm still trying to understand your use case, i.e. if you really want to override the given values completely. Like there's already the possibility to limit values and also scaling the values (down?) would be simple.

About the Z movement speed: what I can say is that ZCode created by Z-Suite uses values of up to 8000mm/min for X/Y and Z movements in the fast setting ("normal" quality). In the slower setting("high" quality), the movement speed it's 5400mm/min. Beyond that I think that the firmware limits the speed anyway internally.

The fan affect extrusion a lot in my case, sometimes fan changing will make obvious under or over extrusion, I print a lot, so I tested every version of Z-suite for one file, select the best zcode and then print again and again, I believe the old version zcode can be better if I can adjust the fan. But never mind, I decide to use S3D and Ztool, it's the ultimate solution. Thank you!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Uploaded a new version 1.0.3 that allows exporting/importing fan profiles to/from simple comma separated text files ("*.fpr").

First line is an identifier, followed by lines in the format

<layer>,<fan percentage>

Both values are integer. Note that raft layers are negative.
The fan speed given for a layer will be set directly at layer entry. No need to set an initial or final 0% value.

Example:

;Fan Profile

Not excessively tested as usual.

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

38 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Uploaded a new version 1.0.3 that allows exporting/importing fan profiles to/from simple comma separated text files ("*.fpr").

First line is an identifier, followed by lines in the format

<layer>,<fan percentage>

Both values are integer. Note that raft layers are negative.
The fan speed given for a layer will be set directly at layer entry. No need to set an initial or final 0% value.

Example:

;Fan Profile

Not excessively tested as usual.

OMG!  Genius! :thumbsup:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Fixed a minor glitch ("Report 0%" appended at end of ZCode when importing fan profile).

-> 1.0.3b

Yeah, testing sucks ;)

Side note 1: you can use the preview tool to check at which layer which fan speed is used/needed. You can also use it immediately after importing a fan profile to check your result.

Side note 2: If you want to calculate the layer from height, keep in mind that Zortrax is not honest about the layer heights. E.g. 90µm is really 100µm, 140µm is really 150µm and 290µm is really 300µm. You get the idea.
Also the raft starts about 0.2mm above the bed and each raft layer is 0.2mm in height. Furthermore note that (for whatever reason) Z-Suite creates a separate layer for the initial mini-skirt even if it's at the same height as the lowermost raft layer.
-> the raft layers -8 till -1 are really only 7 distinct 0.2mm layers -> 1.4mm in height
Again, the preview tool is your friend.

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

After test, I find this problem happen to Z-Suite v1.5 and previous version.

V.1.7.2.1 & V1.8 have a minor bug, the fan only last 3 layers, and drop to 0%.

5920024ec6082_1.7.2_1BUG.thumb.jpg.5762e39095ef02eb813af3ae00a985d9.jpg

This is V1.8.0 original fan, I'm not sure it's Z-Suite or Ztool problem.

592002f6bd54e_1.8_0BUG.jpg.467e303e5c4dabf54ab0bdde44bbf00f.jpg

V1.9&V1.10, haven't find any problem. 

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hm, I'm not sure if any of this is a problem (of ZTool).

Let's try to answer in order:

1. The fan is always 0% at startup (by definition), so it's not saved in the fan profile as it makes no sense to override.
    If you force a fixed 0% in Z-Suite, this might actually create a 0% fan command, but ZTool won't save it as it will only create entries when the value changes (and 0% to 0% means no change).
  2. Most versions of Z-Suite create a fixed 20% fan control after the raft even if you specify 0%. Has to do with raft separation I guess.
    Lately I observed fan commands inside the raft as well (at least for HIPS profiles).
  3. In Z-Suite 1.8.x, Z-Suite introduced this weird 100% oscillations and I complained with screenshots like this (was still ZDump back then but anyway) in the official forum (search for "oscillation"). Actually these oscillations even happened with a fixed fan setting. Marcin argued this was by design to avoid pillowing. Later they admitted it was a bug at least for the fixed fan setting. My understanding is that they want to set the fan to 100% above horizontal surfaces but the algorithm freaks out on slopes. Anyway, not a ZTool issue. These jumps to 100% are really there. It's just that in reality, it's a relatively slow process as it happens from layer to layer.
    Also depends on the model and mainly happens on 90µm and 140µm settings with models that have slopes. But yes, this still exists in Z-Suite 1.10 (see attached screenshot)

benchy_oscillation_Z-Suite_1_10.png

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Partecipa alla conversazione

Puoi pubblicare ora e registrarti più tardi. Se hai un account, accedi ora per pubblicarlo con il tuo account.

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Sono consentiti solo 75 emoticon max.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato.   Pulisci editor

×   Non puoi incollare le immagini direttamente. Carica o inserisci immagini dall'URL.

• Crea Nuovo...