Vai al contenuto

g2z, a G-Code to ZCode converter

Messaggi raccomandati

It's good to know that the m300 works as well. Only got feedback for the m200 up to know.

Anyway: there's a reason why I didn't post about g2z in the official forum. I really try to avoid provoking Zortrax and what you're doing right now in their forum isn't really going to help anybody.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

10 ore fa, 0xdeadbeef dice:

It's good to know that the m300 works as well. Only got feedback for the m200 up to know.

Anyway: there's a reason why I didn't post about g2z in the official forum. I really try to avoid provoking Zortrax and what you're doing right now in their forum isn't really going to help anybody.

yes I appologize again... I didn't know things were already this messy... I just don't get it... what is the Strategy of Zortrax? Why using another code format if you're not able to do things better, faster and more reliable this way? They're already loosing customers to Raise3D and others and the M300 is quite a little overprized....

but now back to the interesting stuff... the 3d printing ;)

as I told already the g2z seems to work great with the M300... but I'm having troubles getting enough separation between raft and print or support and print. It's melting together completely. I will play around with the separation parameter (raft and support section in simplify3d) later but probably you already know what to change (I tried with Polymaker Polymax (215/65))?

grazie mille

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

First of all, I would never claim to be a 3D printing expert just because I understand the details of ZCode. Actually I'm printing much less and with much less interesting materials than most other people here or in the Zortrax forum. So honestly my plan was to write the converter and let more experiences users do the work to develop proper profiles. Unfortunately, this hasn't really worked out yet during the ~12months of the unofficial beta phase as only surprisingly few people feel the urge to report back no matter whether they succeeded or failed.

This being said you can be sure that Zortrax put a lot of effort into the raft creation by Z-Suite and I don't think that every aspect of it can be achieved when using other slicers. Some people tend to think that the material profiles in Z-Suite would only differ in temperatures, but this is far from true. Actually there are more internal parameters in Z-Suite than in any other slicer I know. E.g. there is not only a different set of parameters for the raft, but for several parts of the raft (bases, grid, surface/interface) and the 1st model layer. IMHO part of the magic is also done by controlling the fan. E.g. Z.Suite usually disables the fan while the raft is printed and jumps up to 20% just after the raft interface layer and before the 1st model layer starts. To some degree you can simulate this e.g. in S3D by setting the fan to 20% at the Nth layer (if there are N-1 raft layers). For support interfaces at higher layers, this will get a bit tricky though.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 settimane dopo...

Thanks for this great tool, Beef! I use a M200 with the zt-he hotend and this allows me to print Sainsmart TPU filament. For some reason I get a huge amount of stringing when I use the Zortrax software, but using Simplify3D and your converter makes it so much better!

Cheers

Speedy

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Good to hear though this could be related to different retraction settings. Z-Suite uses rather low values (0.5mm) for everything but ZGlass, S3D uses 1mm as default. With the "external materials" setting you could change the retraction distance also in Z-Suite.

While I'm at it:

• Allows to select the minimum firmware revision embedded into the header.
  • Improved handling of erratic G-Code files.
  • Added support for G-Code pause command (M226).
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 1 mese dopo...

Great plugin but I'm having trouble procesing a file for M300.

I'm receiving the following message:

Profile: Z-ABS, Resolution: 90µm, Temperatures: 275°C / 80°C

WARNING: No processing option selected.

Drag'n'drop G-Code files here to process them.
The output will be written to the folder of the input file.

2.301MB of 247.5MB used (max: 247.5MB).

The gcode file generated in S3d with the profile is 45 MB. Whata can be happening?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hm, good question. This (slightly confusingly named) error message should only occur if the imported ZCode has less than 10 layers.
The error message looks like a copy&paste issue (from RaftAway to g2z), I guess the real intention was something like "Implausible G-Code: too few layers".
Two suggestions:
1) Try to convert with ZTool - which shouldn't have this sanity check.
2) Upload the G-Code somewhere so I can have a look

As a side note: 247.5MB seems very low. A 64bit JRE on a PC with reasonable RAM should have a maximum close to 4GB or so instead of <250MB.
With a 45MB G-Code file, I wonder if 250MB will suffice. An out of memory exception of the JRE should result in shutting down the application though.

[EDIT]
Uploaded g2z 1.0.5 which removes the <= 10 layer check. Still, there needs to be at least one layer.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 4 mesi dopo...

Hej together & 0xdeadbeef

thanks a lot for the amazing converting tool:) 

I updated and tweaked your provided Cura (and Slic3r) profiles for high quality prints up to 40/50 microns. Only tested with ABS (Z-ABS and others) on M200

1. Now the Cura profile prints ABS pretty good up to 40microns resolution / also changed build plate adhesion settings to Z-Suite standard 

2. The Slic3r (PrusaEdition) also works with the variable layer height tool from 0,5 to 0,05mm / also changed build plate adhesion settings to Z-Suite standard (as far as possible)

// 

Cura_Config_M200_40microns.curaprofile

Slic3r_config_M200_flexheight_50microns.ini

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Partecipa alla conversazione

Puoi pubblicare ora e registrarti più tardi. Se hai un account, accedi ora per pubblicarlo con il tuo account.

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Sono consentiti solo 75 emoticon max.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato.   Pulisci editor

×   Non puoi incollare le immagini direttamente. Carica o inserisci immagini dall'URL.

• Crea Nuovo...